Old June 23rd 12, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Persia's Stalking a Lizard

MaryL wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have those same lizards here (East Texas). We also have little pink
geckos. They are actually quite pretty and and are almost translucent.
I enjoy having all of them around, and I get *lots* of them. They are
great for catching mosquitos and small insects. One problem is that one
will occasionally get in the house. I hate that because they won't last
long with two cats unless I get to them first (in which case, I place
them safely outdoors). When I first moved to Texas, I grabbed an anole
by the tail in preparation to placing it outdoors. Much to my horror,
the tail fell off and the rest of the anole went running! That's when I
learned that the tails will grow back on those lizards, although usually
not to the same length. I have been very careful since then not to pick
one up by the tail.

MaryL

That must have been what my cats had trapped on the doorsill between the
screen and the inner door, one night. I was trying to persuade it to
head OUT, not IN, with cat paws competing with my efforts. When the
tail came off, it looked as though the hind legs came too. The front
part of the lizard took off, while the tail kept squirming wildly on the
pavement outside the screen-door.