Old May 26th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

Default stray tomcat and interferon revolt

On May 26, 2:13*am, "Phil P." wrote:
Your vet sounds pretty good to me. *Most vets recommend killing cats with
FeLV- even if they're asymptomatic.

I won't allow killing a cat unless he is obviously suffering
and I am unable to calm him and make him purr. This
cat was far from that condition when I took him to the
vet last Monday. He had, and still has, a huge appetite
loves to be petted, and has plenty of energy. To advocate
killing a cat simply because of a positive test result, with
no other symptoms, would be criminal in my opinion.