Old August 19th 04, 12:21 AM
PegNDerek

We use the Bayer Elite system--very easy to use since it "sucks up"
the blood from the cat's ear rather than having to try and get a large
droplet that needs to land just in the right spot on the strip.

Amaretto has been diabetic for almost 4 years--and is managing just
fine! We'd be happy to answer any other questions!

PegNDerek

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:18:52 GMT, Amanda Robin
wrote:

Hi everybody,

I've read some old threads about this, but with new glucometers always
on the market I thought I'd ask again.

My cat, Rusty, spent the night in the ER vet's because he went
extremely hypoglycemic yesterday (20). He's still in the regulation
stage and has been taking a rather large dose of ultralente insulin.

Anyway, I think in the future I am going to need to know more than just
a "Negative" urine test. I need to know how low.

So those of you who use glucometers on a cat, what kind do you like?

Thanks,
Amanda

"Scientists' say intelligent life
sprang from the sea.