Old June 27th 05, 11:07 PM
-L.

Jess A via CatKB.com wrote:
I recently started reading this board, and have been following Conan's story!
After reading some of the messages, I became extremely concerned about the
fact that people could justify placing Conan with Charlie Wilkes. He would
not provide a suitable home for Conan. Anyone who gets his cat high should
not have a cat. From what I have seen over and over, he has shown that he
neglects, and in my opinion abuses, animals. I cannot believe that anybody
would even think about placing Conan there. It makes me ill to think about
the situation.

Anyways, what Mary said about the adoption and its process was completely
false. I was on the phone with Katherine at the Orange County Shelter today,
and nothing Mary has said is true. Conan is not presently at risk for being
euthanized. Yes, he will be "re-evaluated" on Wednesday, but Katherine said
that as long as he is in good health and is an adoptable cat, which we know
he is, he will be kept longer.

FWIW, most shelters do periodic health checks of cats that are there
for extended stays - this includes a vet or vet tech check, taking the
cat's temp, and general health screen. This may be what was meant be
"re-evaluation". Why - when they call the shelter - doesn't someone
ask *exactly WHAT* they mean by "re-evaluation"...instead of all this
speculation...?
-L.