Old August 7th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default stupid stupid people

On 7 Aug, 06:53, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 04:18:54 +0000, Rhonda wrote:

So you think the judgmental comments she tosses out about groups of
people (Americans, children, etc.) are flame bait? I was thinking it was
more genuine anger -- maybe misdirected, but still coming from
somewhere.

She may be genuinely frustrated with certain aspects of her life, but her
comments about fat people and Americans are calculated to get a rise out
of people.

finally someone works it out! and the thing is it can be so easy to do
with some of you, and the more you rise to the bait the more i do it

The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.

Yes, in fact that is what they are saying -- "shut up because I'm not
listening." It's a feeble attempt to exert control over someone else.

There just isn't that much volume in this group. Nor does any one person
account for a disproportionate share of the volume. Filters are
overkill... all people have to do is ignore whatever posts they don't
want to read.

exactly

But that doesn't send a message to whoever it is that
annoys them, does it?

that's true, i don't get the message that i am pushing someone's
buttons

Charlie