Old October 12th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Feral cat problem

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Pon o:
Do you expect this to be a growing problem in the future? I don't
remember feral cats being a problem until a few yrs. ago.

Maybe it's a local predator/prey balance thing.

I have no clue what preys on cats except for foxes.

Owls, Eagles, Ospreys, Teen aged boys, automobiles, people who use Round-Up
on their weeds, coyotes, Stray dogs, Other cats, various cat diseases (like
FIV) Poisoned mice, rats, snails and other critters, Poisonous snakes (in
some locals) And probably several other things that I haven't thought of
yet. Oh... the "teen aged boys"... Some of them are in their forties and
fifties, and just like to use cats for their target proctice.....