Old December 2nd 09, 03:29 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Cats Whiskers

Default Renal failure in younger cats

Cats can get into poison set out for rats and moes. This will cause renal
failure. Cats or dogs can get heartworm and if they are going down hill it
is part of the dying process. I read that the food cats and dogs get in the
stores are not so good for them as they say it is and can cause cancers and
etc. Again, if the cat gets cancer, renal failure is part of the dying
process. They are saying to make your pet's food and add vitamins and
suppliments. If the food is not good, do you think the vitamins and
suppliments are going to be any better? Will they be derived from anything
different than the food is derived from? Then, don't forget the
insectacides and pesticides can affect an outdoor cat who is in the
environment containing these things. This can be a cause of young cats
dying prematurly and renal failure. There is a number of speculations out
there.

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
In searching around the web and looking at a cat memorial... the number of
cats dying of renal failure is shocking. Years ago when I worked in an
animal hospital in the city, this was a disease of old cats. Now I see
people losing much younger animals to this disease. Anyone have any idea
why it's becoming so common?