Old May 24th 05, 02:06 AM
Phil P.

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amber spends a lot of time sleeping on her window seat. The seat has a
heating pad (set on low) covered by a piece of fleece. She has some
"bare" spots on her belly and I notice some hair accumulating on the
fleece (click on link to see a picture). Do you think this is a result
of lying on the heat? As soon as things warm up a bit (soon I hope) I
will turn the heating pad off. The bare spots don't seem to bother her
at all.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=0&re s=high

Mike,

If you want to give her something warm to lie and sleep on, get her a "Space
Blanket"- its a thin 84" x 56" mylar sheet that reflects 80% of body heat
back to the body. Space Blankets cost about $1.50--$1.95 available at most
outdoor stores . Here's an online source:
http://www.readymaderesources.com/th...deep=2&cid=430 -- or
email me with a mailing address and I'll send you a couple. I buy them by
the case for feral cat winter shelters and kitten nests. Just cover the
blanket with a towel.

Another toasty warm pad is the "Flexi-Mat Mysterious Purr Pad"-- they're
soft and absorb and retain body heat. Petco sells them for about $20.

I'd get those bald patches looked at. If they are burns, they could become
infected and/or necrotic.

Phil