Old June 17th 05, 10:34 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:23:12 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

On 17 Jun 2005 12:08:50 -0700, "furby" wrote:

Just got this kitten a few days ago and it has learned a kind of annoying
little behaviour. While I am asleep it likes to cuddle up just beneath my
chin and sleep. Very cute. BUT, when it wakes up and decides it wants to
play, it starts to stick it's face into mine and then claw at my face
(Playfully, not being mean in any way). Needless to say, this is somewhat
annoying to me. I don't mind it sleping on my chest, but I just wonder
what this behaviour is. Is it actually just trying to play or is my cat
trying to tell me something else?

If the 'clawing' is actually more pushing wlternately with the paws, it is
called 'kneading' and is considered a sign of affection. However, one's
face is not the place - legs, arms, and belly are much better. You could
try moving the kitten and give it a lot of petting in the new location and
none in the old.

If you were to get another kitten they could play with each other and then
you would not be its sole object of affection. Remember, you are now
this kittens mother, sibling, playmate, etc. It has no one but you. MLB