Old June 18th 05, 07:27 PM
Gabey8

[[ According to the story reported in today's paper,

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...93915-sun.html

" IT'S RAINING cats and kittens and Ottawa's animal shelters are

getting
desperate."

I got Rusty from Ottawa's Humane 10 years ago. Since I lost my job,
I haven't donated to Humane. Rusty's had many
health issues and is on costly prescription food. As he gets older, I
anticipate his TED bills will keep going up. So I can't afford to adopt
another cat.
Please purr for the cats overflowing Ottawa's shelters to find their
true homes.

Purrs for all kitties to get homes. I just hate this time of year for the
overflow ]]

Agreed. I only wish I was a zillionaire and had a huge home, so I could
afford to take in lots of kitties AND care for them properly.

Since I can't do that, I'll have to settle for the next best thing: giving
a home to the two bitties that I can care for, supporting the local
shelters (particularly Morris Animal Refuge, since I've adopted past and
current cats from there), and sending purrs and purr-ayers that anyone
who's capable of providing a good home heads out to the shelters to adopt
one or more pets ASAP.

Sigh. It frustrates me to know that there are pets who would be WONDERFUL
in a OneTrueHome, but who aren't getting the opportunity to prove it.

May the inspiration strike as many good would-be Meowmies and Paws as
possible that they need to hear the pitter-patter of little paws in the
house, the flutter of wings, etc.