Old June 7th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Karma bites you in the ass ;o)

Helen Miles wrote:
I genuinely believe that karma comes back to you. As you all know, on
Sunday, my car died. On Monday and Tuesday, I took Thomas to the vet
for Mary. I gave up about 2 hours of my time in total, and didn't
think twice about doing it.

This morning I had my Chemistry AS level exam at the other end of
Cardiff. I had a ride there, but I was really stressing about getting
back home as the college is in an awkward out of the reach place.

Last night, I spoke to a guy I vaugely know, Lee, who is the son of my
grandmas hairdresser, Cheryl. He is a ford motor mechanic at the main
dealers in Cardiff, and he said he would look at it in his lunch hour
today. I explained I had a chemistry exam at the other end of Cardiff
and couldn't get home to meet him. SO...he offered to pick me up after
my exam in his lunch hour and take me home to then look at my car. I
barely know the guy, except through Cheryl.

Then, he looks at my car, and where I had been imagining the cost of a
few £100 to get the ignition sorted etc, he tells me it's an easy job.
Apparently the levers in the ignition barrel were worn. So, he
HOTWIRES my car, by fiddling with the ignition, and drives it back to
the main dealers garage. He spent the afternoon fixing my ignition
barrel with spare levers he had knocking about the garage, and
returned my car to me at home, at 4pm fully working. For all that, he
charged me £20 ($30) and that was only because I insisted that I pay
him for his time. Otherwise it would have been for free.

Karma definitely does come back in spades.

Helen M

I wonder if he's owned by a cat, I think Bastet was looking out for you. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.