Old June 10th 04, 02:52 AM
WumpyGirl

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:34:27 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
WumpyGirl --o--m) said,

The problem could be diet related. Perhaps she's not getting enough

fatty
acids. You could try adding a small amount of sunflower or flax seed oil

her diet. 1/4 of a teaspoon per day.

For cats with kidney problems, however, flax seed oil is
contraindicated, IIRC. I know I read something about it somewhere,
but I'll be darned if I can remember what it was that was bad about
giving it to cats with CRF.

Anyway, I know this doesn't apply here since the cat in question is a
kitten, but I thought I'd mention it. :-)

Laura

Definitely worthy of mention as well as the omega-3 fish oil suggestion you
posted as well.

The OP might also want to look into the ingredients of the food that's being
offered. After reading the ingredients in Science Diet Adult, I'd consider
ditching that one and try something else. Something that contains more meat
than vegetation, seeing as cats are carnivores and all. Perhaps something
like Wellness Super5Mix Adult?