Old May 31st 05, 07:40 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
I've been keeping myself busy so as not to dwell too much on Nikki and
the last hours of her life. One way I've been keeping busy is looking
at flats. I was outbid on the one with the glassed-in balcony with a
partial ocean view, but today I signed the lease for another flat. It
is slightly smaller than the one I'm in now, but it's on the ground
floor, and it has a little walled-in garden attached at the back.
With a little netting strategically placed, it will be a perfect cat
enclosure. The flat is also a hop and a skip away from my job, so I
can walk there in ten minutes. I will be moving at the end of
July/start of August. I'm hoping I can leave the cats on the island
while I'm moving (my sister already promised to look after them), so
it should all work out fine. Then I can fetch them to their new home.
Hope Frank isn't too miffed about having to move again. But the
windows face south, so there should be lots of sunny spots, even
inside.

Maybe I can get away from the image of Nikki twitching uncontrollably
on the floor by my bed. Poor Nikki, she would have loved that garden.

Continued purrs for your broken heart.

Enjoy the new flat; it sounds perfect. A change of scene is just what you
need. And Frank will no doubt take it in stride. Miranda, of course, will
just think it's all the more fun to explore

Jill