Old September 18th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jillian123

Default Bobcat Sighting

I'm so excited because I saw my first and second bobcat sighting
yesterday. We have a house in the sierra foothills in Copperopolis
(near Angels Camp). I was going next door to a neighbor's house to
leave a note for the gardener when all of a sudden a bobcat popped up
behind a cement wall, jumped on the wall, paused to look at me, then
scampered away.

Later that same day, I noticed the bobcat again, and this time he had
a rodent in its mouth as he was prancing away with it. He stopped to
look at me again and waited for me to move. I left him alone to his
dinner.

I'm thinking that this is what I heard late at night. We hear all
kinds of animals, especially coyotes, but the other night we heard a
different sound, and I'm now convinced it was the bobcat (after
googling bobcat sounds).

It was very cute actually and didn't seem aggressive at all. Now I
hope I don't see a mountain lion!