Old September 14th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default Exploring, starting in Central Park

[Having determined the initial directions they need to take in order to
follow the clues provided in the mysterious email, the kitties finish up
their dinners and thank Chef Mario and the serving staff. Harri and OT
pack a few goodies, loading up TV's magic backpack with all sort of food
and drink. Sammy disappears for a few minutes then reappears wearing a
pith helmet and a backpack and with a coil of rope slung from the pack.

The kitties leave the restaurant and trek to the Museum of Modern Art.
New York's normally imperturbable residents are amused, some of them
perhaps a little worried, by the procession of dozens of cats along the
sidewalks and through the park.

Once the cats reach Cleopatra's Needle Sammy pulls out a compass and
Amelia studies her GPS. The group starts out heading west, crossing north
of Turtle Pond then turning south when they reach Delacorte Theater. They
cross 79th St Transverse Road, then they stick to the trees. Following teh
compass and noting waypoints on the GPS, the expedition finds themselves
deep in The Ramble.]

Ok, kitties, we're getting close to the first mysterious part of our
trip. The inscriptions say that we have to find a wall of shrubs that
looks the back of a sea serpent. Sammy found something like it on the
aerial photos, but now we need to find it for ourselves and check it out.
Let's all spread out and look, but everybody please stay with a partner
or in a group, and let's not go too far. It should be fairly close to
where we are now.

Amelia