Old July 28th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Default Dry-Food amounts help needed---NO CYBERCAT COMMENTS WANTED ORNEEDED!

The bag instructions as usual are vague but better then most
companies..they recommend 1/3 to 2/3's of a cup "per day per cat", if
I go by that and I'm feeding them 2/3 total but now they are at the
proper weight
*suggestion's on correct amounts would be appreciated

If you're concerned about your cats gaining weight, I would talk to
your vet about the amount of food you should give them. IME, following
the amount listed on the bag is not very helpful. Manufacturers want
you to feed more so you buy more often.

FWIW, I have had poor experience with any food marked "lite" or
"light." One of my own cats gained weight on light food, even with
careful monitoring of portions and no treats. He did not lose any
weight until I switched him to an all-canned diet. I realize that you
are not interested in feeding wet food, but the truth is, some cats
can't metabolize dry food very well.