Old July 7th 03, 04:11 AM
Priscilla Ballou

In article nk.net,
"Nicole" wrote:

In response - Yes, I've looked at the alternatives. Soft Paws (they even
come in cute colors!!), training, sprays, the other procedure that starts
with a T that I can't spell (tendenoniton or something), laser surgery, nail
clipping, living with it.....so I asked a breeder in the area, because I
didn't want to do something that would hurt her....she told me this...
"if Hailey is an inside cat, she doesn't need to protect herself (she's an
only child). If declawing was so inhumane, no vet would declaw any animal."

It's illegal in many countries. Animal cruelty.

It took a lot of convincing, and my vet even let me watch a procedure...so
we're going to go through with it. I realize that it's a VERY controversial
topic, but I appreciate your advice! I'll keep ya posted!
Momma-Kittenhead

Oh, please don't. I don't want to hear about how you're mutilating your
poor kitten. Don't you understand that you're cutting off its toes?
That it's likely it'll have trouble balancing? It'll be in pain,
possibly for the rest of its life?

How anyone could do that to a creature they claim to love is beyond me,
but then human parents main and mutilate their children. We have laws
to take their children away from them. I'm just sorry no-one can take
that poor kitten away from you before you do this to it.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.