Old March 25th 04, 09:01 AM
IBen Getiner

(Meghan Noecker) wrote in message ...
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:29:26 GMT, "BrandyÂ*Â*Alexandre"
wrote:

I actually had a neighbor use my Usenet a lot because his ISP didn't
offer it and he had some groups he wanted to follow. I set up an
"identity" in my newsreader, but sometimes he forgot, or I forgot to
switch it back, or whatever, and I was accused of major sockpuppeting.

My own ISP dropped usenet for over a year, and then only brought it
back for DSL subscribers. After a year of complaining, they finally
gave me an account on a separate dialup number that will put me on a
computer with usenet access. I actually have to hang up and dial again
when I want to switch back and forth between email and newsgroups. But
it beats google, which was so hopeless that I could barely keep up
with one newsgroup.

So, I have to agree, many ISPs do not offer usenet (a lot of people do
not know about it, or do not realize they can access it via a news
server which is far better than google).

And some people do not have their own computer, so they check email on
somebody else's computer. My sister uses my parents computer since she
can't afford her own service.

Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
http://www.zoocrewphoto.com

Everyone needs to be in touch with it. The antichrist will most likely
get his start here.

IBen G.