Old September 2nd 03, 05:57 PM
Marina

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote

That's got to be very cool... one of my sisters is a geologist and she has
all kinds of cool rocks and fossils in her house. Tom has a collection of
fossils we've found in the streams here in Texas. What is now Texas used
to be underwater, so there's all kinds of clams and other sea creatures
fossilized in the limestone that's so abundant here. I love going fossil-
hunting in the winter.

I remember going fossil hunting on a beach when I lived in the US as a
child - don't remember where the beach was, though. Hardly in Massachusetts,
where we were living. We did take a trip over the continent, from the
Niagara falls down to the Mexican border (didn't visit Mexico, though. (
It's still on my list of places to visit). So the beach was somewhere
between the two. ;o)

Our granite rock here in Finland is too hard for there to be a lot of
fossils here, so my Dad had to travel all over the world to dig for them. At
the time when I was born, he was in Tunisia at a large dig. He was often
away when I was little, but he was always thinking of us. I still have heaps
of cards from exotic places that he sent me.

--
Marina, taking loooong trip down memory lane and missing Daddy