Old March 19th 04, 07:19 AM
Hopitus2

I've actually had more to do with my dentist than my docs in the long haul.
Your dentist is used to patients going into "sticker shock" at the prices
for his expertise on your mouth/smile problems, and they like to prepare
you, sort of. At least that's what mine means when he goes into that
"estimate" mode with me.
No matter what kind of dental insurance you got, they all have their limits
per year, and my dentist and I just go at it one tooth at a time - me paying
my share (co-payment) one batch at a time till everything's done. Last time
this took from early June to mid-Nov. but it was a bunch of root canals,
visits to an oral surgeon at another office, and rather large bridges at the
last. I did lose some teeth during all that, which were unsalvageable.
Invisible, though.
Unpleasant I call it; the length of time it took, the expense (he is much
cheaper, truly, than one of my best friends' (the condo-Himmie chick)
dentist, because she is cowardly and insists on having some kind of gas that
makes her drunk during the work. I've never done that; I'm not very low pain
threshhold and am basically too cheap as well.
My advice is prepare for $ shock (I prefer to section it into increments)
for dentist's work on you, and just make up your mind to tough it out for
the long haul. Best wishes.

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
: Yesterday at the office I was happily reading and posting on rpca,
: when Ozzy leaped into my lap and settled himself down. I reached over
: and unplugged the telephone line from the computer and plugged it back
: into the phone, so that if it rang I wouldn't have to get up and go in
: the other room to answer, thereby disturbing Ozzy. Can't have that.
:
: Last night at home I was happily reading and thinking about what I
: wanted to post, when Mike leaped into my lap and settled himself down
: with his body in my lap and his head on the keyboard. So much for
: posting; last night was a reading only night.
:
: Could it be that the cats are trying to hold me incommunicado? What
: is the mothership trying to do?
:
: I wanted to post this as a heads-up to you all; it doesn't much matter
: as far as *I* am concerned, because the lapcat days are over and all
: these cats are going to have to get jobs. I went to TEDentist today;
: today was when, having dealt with the dire emergencies at my last two
: appointments, TEDentist was to look at all my teeth and take bunches
: of x-rays and stuff, to see what all was going to have to be done.
: Yikes.
:
: The news was both better (no root canals - yay!) and worse (four
: extractions - not yay!) than I was expecting. TEDentist told me that
: he would try to have a ballpark estimate for everything ready by my
: next appointment, at which time we will be dealing with the most dire
: of the not-quite-so-dire emergencies. He volunteered this estimate
: business. That can't be good. shudder
:
: Also, DH bought a new truck *yesterday*. Argggh!
:
: So all kitties are going to have to polish their resumes and start
: looking for gainful employment. Well, for Ozzy and Tiger the lawcats
: that just means they'll have to keep better billing records; *maybe*
: they won't have to get second jobs. But Mike and the new stray that's
: been hanging around the office will have to get cracking. ;-)
:
: ------
: Krista
: Who is NOT going to post about the new stray until we've managed to
: trap her and take her to TED, for fear of a jinx