Old May 3rd 05, 06:55 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Consolidated News Server wrote:
I recently adopted a cat from the local Humane Society. She's in good
health but a bit overweight. I've got her on weight maintenance cat food
help correct the problem and am trying to get her exercising more. The vet
said the baggy belly probably would not go away, even if she loses weight.
Is this true? Is there anything to be done to correct this problem?

Thanks for your help!

News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
Total Privacy via Encryption =----

All cats have the "belly flap". It's a holdover from their ancient wild
ancestors. In good times they would eat to their heart's content, and any
exess would be stored in the belly flap, also known as a Lion's Pouch. In
lean times, they could subsist, for a short while, on the fat stored there.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©