Old May 3rd 05, 07:29 PM
Philip

William Hamblen wrote:
On Tue, 3 May 2005 11:28:18 -0500, "Consolidated News Server"
wrote:

I recently adopted a cat from the local Humane Society. She's in
good health but a bit overweight. I've got her on weight maintenance
cat food to help correct the problem and am trying to get her
exercising more. The vet said the baggy belly probably would not go
away, even if she loses weight. Is this true? Is there anything to
be done to correct this problem?

That little pouch on the belly likely is there for good. It isn't
really a problem unless you can't stand to look at it.

Do you suppose there is a high coincidence of cats with belly bags and
overweight owners making excuses for the condition? LOL