Old May 24th 05, 04:57 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article .com,
"UsedtobeRumouredToBe" wrote:

We just got a cat from the Humane Society; when we were "picking her
out," she was very friendly, and outgoing, purring to beat the band.
When we got her home, she immediately went and hid under the bed, and
she won't come out. I am assuming that she's frightened of the new
surroundings, but is there any way to get her to "warm" to us again,
and come out from under the bed ?

Time, safety, food... Make sure she has access to food, water, and
litter box and she'll come out once she's feeling more comfortable.

Changing location is harder for cats than changing people, so it takes a
bit of adjustment when they're moved into new quarters.

Your patience will be rewarded! :-)

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong