Old April 23rd 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Need opinions - Scared for Sneezy

"cshenk" wrote

I once adopted a cat by accident. I was out jogging (getting ready for a
Navy PRT) and found this poor little ball of fluff along the roadside.
This was in Universal City TX, an outskirt of San Antonio.

[...]

So finally, after so many calls, got a vet who said 'I can't promise
anything but to try'. I was in my car like a flash. Many hours later, I
came home with a cat in a full body cast (I mean, even 3 of his legs!) and
a bunch of cat milk and a dropper to feed him with. They asked me for a
name, and i said 'Bobby'. The vet just smiled.

I was firmly explained he had to eat once an hour for the first several
days then every other hour if he survived. I called my boss in panic,
told him what I had done and gave him the vets number. I asked if i could
take leave (vacation). Boss called back about 45 mins later and said he'd
be at my place to drop off my leave papers. Later, they let me bring
Bobby to work in a box so we could all take turns feeding and loving him.

There are many tales on how Bobby lived, loved, and was well appreciated
but pertinant to this is his vet bill was severely reduced to just cost
and not sure if I even paid that. I paid all I could scrounge up and
still have a bit left for petfood for him, and ate alot of beans and rice
for me.

It was in the end, an excellent deal ;-)

Well this just made me cry. Good for you. I want to see pictures and hear
more stories.