Old February 2nd 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bluemaxx

Default Odd behavior

My cat does that too!! Especially on my pillow or throw blankets that I
use in the family room and sometimes right on my legs when I'm laying down
and watching tv! At first I thought he was getting ready to spray, but
that never happened. My Hairy Jersey was also a stray - 2 years old
(guesstimate by the vet) and barely 7 pounds. Now he's a healthy 11 pounds.

If I had a video camera, I'd shoot the film of him doing his :::whatever it
is:::, set to the music "Do a Little Dance, Make a Little Love, Get Down
Tonight!" UTubers would love it. lol

love,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Hi,
: I'm curious if you all might help me identify what my cat is doing...
:
: Over the past 2 weeks our cat, RED, has begun to do something that I
: think is odd. I left a pair of pajamas out and she kneads them with
: her front paws -- that is not the odd part -- she also now kneads with
: her back legs as well (something I have never seen cats do before) and
: then she does this thing where it looks like she might poop, but
: doesn't (she's never peed or pooped outside of her litter box).
: She appears to be very happy when she is doing this, purring extremely
: loudly! and she does it almost every day for a few minutes at a time.
: (I left the pajamas out because she seems to enjoy it so much)
:
: Is she leaving her scent?
: She doesn't do this on anything else, just my pajamas.
: What is she doing? Should I be worried?
: I'm curious to hear what you all think.
: Thanks so much!!
:
: A little background history: Red is anywhere from 1-2 years old. We
: adopted her as a stray 6 months ago. She was a scared and tiny cat and
: it has took her about 3 months before she started to "play" or enjoy
: catnip. She is spayed, has normal healthy cat checkups, she eats and
: drinks regulary, there is plenty of pee and poop in the litter box, she
: plays with gusto, and purrs like a lawnmower.
:
: The only changing variable is her weight. Just under 6 lbs when she was
: found, Red has been steadily gaining 1 lb a month, since we adopted
: her. When she hit 11 lbs the vet said that was probably good, and I've
: been cutting back her dry food since then. Hopefully soon it will just
: be wet, but it's a slow process, she just likes to lick the wet food,
: and not actually eat it all.
: