Old November 3rd 04, 02:37 AM
cdchap911

since the dog doesnt bring in any fleas the cats arent getting them because
they are rarely outside in grass or places they can get them...and i agree
use a harness much easier on the animal and safer
"DemoDisk" wrote in message

"cdchap911" wrote in message
a word of caution i used hartz on my cat Toby Keith and he had an

allergic
reaction to it and went into seizures. You can certainly guess what an
emergency run to the vets office on a sunday and a few days on meds

for the
seizures and several bathes to wash all the flea product off him cost.

the
vet told me many cats have this reaction. as a result of this because

my
cats are indoors all the time except short walks on their leashes she

felt
as long as my dog has flea products on her that i would not have a

problems
and i have not.

Thanks for your answer. Interesting that your dog's flea protection
helps the entire house. PJ is also an indoor cat. I'd like to let him
explore the outdoors, and maybe a leash would allow that -- if I could
get him to accept a collar!

JM