Old July 30th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Off topic and only because I thought it was funny

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:04:13 -0700, Jofirey wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
CatNipped wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message

That drives me up a wall! Years ago I worked with a guy who just
didn't get it. I'd be on my lunch break, sitting on the patio outside
the office with my nose in a book. He'd sit down and start yakking at
me. I'd give non-committal answers (often merely a grunt!) and not
even look at him. He never seemed to get the hint. Since I had to work
with the guy I couldn't really say "**** off, can't you see I'm trying
to enjoy my book?" Short of being rude, what on earth does it take to
give some people a clue?

Jill

Believe it or not there are fools out there that honestly believe
everyone would rather talk to just about anyone than read a book.

Its not always bad to be deaf.

Jo

Once, years ago, I was sitting at my desk at work, eating my lunch and
reading a book. I usually sat at the table in the break room, but, on
this occasion, was at my desk. One of my co-workers came up and said,
"Since you are eating at your desk, that must mean that you weren't
really interested in lunch, and wouldn't mind doing something for me
instead of eating." I told him that I was, indeed, interested in eating
my lunch, and would get back to him when I was through. He looked rather
disappointed, but went away and let me eat and read in peace.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from