Old July 30th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Off topic and only because I thought it was funny

On Jul 25, 1:57*pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
"outsider" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

CatNipped wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message
. ..
GOOD QUESTION !

A stranger was seated next to an *8-year old girl on the airplane
when the stranger turned to her and said, 'Let's talk, I've heard
that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your
fellow passenger. ' The little girl, who had just opened her book,
closed it slowly and
said to *the stranger, 'What would you like to talk about?'

'Oh, I don't know,' said the stranger 'How about nuclear * power? '
and he smiles.

'OK,' she said. 'That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask
you a question first : *A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same
stuff - grass . *Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow
turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass.
Why do you suppose that is?'

The stranger, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence,
thinks about it and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.'

To which the little girl replies, 'Do you really feel qualified to
discuss nuclear power when you don't know ****? '

ROTFLMAO! *I'll have to remember that the next time a stranger,
seeing me reading a book, tries to strike up an unwanted
conversation!

Hugs,

CatNipped

That drives me up a wall! *Years ago I worked with a guy who just
didn't get it. *I'd be on my lunch break, sitting on the patio outside
the office with my nose in a book. *He'd sit down and start yakking at
me. *I'd give non-committal answers (often merely a grunt!) and not
even look at him. *He never seemed to get the hint. *Since I had to
work with the guy I couldn't really say "**** off, can't you see I'm
trying to enjoy my book?" *Short of being rude, what on earth does it
take to give some people a clue?

Jill

So, you put the book in your lap and look at him and say with a bit of a
whimsical look you remind me of the time someone kept talking to me while
I was reading a real interesting book when suddenly I grabbed his throat
and throttled him into unconsciousness. *The funny thing is even though
they told me what I did I have no memory of even doing it! *Crazy? Isn't
it?

Then go back to your book.

Andy

than you get the flight canceled you escorted of the plane to the FBI *and
you end up on the watch list and have to spend 2 extra hours in security
when you take the next flight

Or someone takes what you said, carries it to HR, and you face a panel
of two who have heard you threatened to kill a coworker and you have
to tell them why you shouldn't be fired.

Heck, even letting a friend vent to you, and *she* says she like to
bring in an Uzi, gets turned into YOU said it, and they come within a
breath of firing you, without ever speaking to anyone who works *with*
you, just around you. Until your former supervisor says, "You can't
fire her without any proof, not even those who sit around her were
spoken to. She'll sue."

Yep, that second paragraph happened to me, in a County government
job. The 'standards' for a raise were changed, just for me. I was
given a fair rating, and told I would not get a raise because of the
"customer service complaint". The rule was three *verified*
complaints, not one from a chick who wasn't hired full time, that no
one else could even say they had heard me say something like that.

Smokie Darling (Annie)