Old July 24th 12, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Default (OT) New Cleaning Service kicked Merry Maid's Butt!

"jmcquown" wrote:
I got a recommendation for a new service from someone who lives here and
has used them before. OMG, night and day compared to the Merry Maids
fiasco! They weren't afraid of vacuuming up a little kitty litter and
washing the bathroom floor. They scoffed at the excuse there are cat
feces all over the house. They simply couldn't believe it.

They cleaned the the entire place, top to bottom. They washed the
windows, inside and out. They did an excellent job! And they were fun
to have around, too. They laughed and joked while they were working.

I got a couple of good cleaning tips from them, too. Did you know olive
oil takes stains off of "stainless" steel appliances? I only have one
stainless steel appliance, the front of the dishwasher. (I hate
stainless steel, it's *not" "stainless and it's a PITA to clean.) She
used a dab of olive oil on a rag and it looks great!

Oh, and for cleaning windows, mix a little Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby
Wash (about a capful) in a spray bottle filled with water. No streaks,
no clouding, nada. Good to know and much cheaper than commercial
products. The windows are sparkling now!

OB Cats: When they arrived Persia hid under the bed in the guest
bedroom. When they hadn't left in a few minutes I'm sure she was
wondering, "Who are these people and why are they in my house?!" LOL She
stayed under that bed until the vacuuming moved to that end of the house.
I was sitting at the computer when I saw a grey streak dash past me to
my bedroom. She hid under my bed until about 20 minutes after they left.
Just making sure they were really gone, I guess

Since her daily routine had been so disrupted by strangers, she got a can
of her favourite Fancy Feast for dinner (Turkey & Giblets classic,
which is the pate type.) She was quite happy about that! She was
prancing around in the kitchen, talking to me, while I dished it up
Now she's sitting here next to me. All is right with her world...
temporarily. Until I bring in the guys to clean the carpet...

Jill

Glad to hear they did a good job and that Persia got a treat. Stainless
steel is a bad name for the product, all it means is it doesn't rust, they
should have called it rustless steel.
--
Adrian