Old July 25th 12, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) New Cleaning Service kicked Merry Maid's Butt!

New computer (mine crapped out on my last night, I'm still trying to figure
this one out. Hence the odd "quoting" separated by my **** between replies.
Sorry!

"Bastette" wrote in message ...

jmcquown wrote:

I got a recommendation for a new service from someone who lives here and
has
used them before. OMG, night and day compared to the Merry Maids fiasco!
They weren't afraid of vacuuming up a little kitty litter and washing the
bathroom floor. They scoffed at the excuse there are cat feces all over
the
house. They simply couldn't believe it.

They cleaned the the entire place, top to bottom. They washed the
windows,
inside and out. They did an excellent job! And they were fun to have
around, too. They laughed and joked while they were working.

I got a couple of good cleaning tips from them, too. Did you know olive
oil
takes stains off of "stainless" steel appliances? I only have one
stainless
steel appliance, the front of the dishwasher. (I hate stainless steel,
it's
*not" "stainless and it's a PITA to clean.) She used a dab of olive oil
on
a rag and it looks great!

Oh, and for cleaning windows, mix a little Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash
(about a capful) in a spray bottle filled with water. No streaks, no
clouding, nada. Good to know and much cheaper than commercial products.
The windows are sparkling now!

Wow, that really is a huge difference. Was there much difference in what
they charged for the job?
***********
It was a third of the price of the Merry Maids quote! (BTW, I didn't pay MM
what they decided that shoddy job was worth. I had the bank cut them a
check for $50 less than what they estimated that young woman's time was
worth, considering she spent most of her time trying to find an excuse to
leave. I explained in an email to the accounting manager, sorry, they
blatantly lied about the condition of the house. That was over a week ago
so I figure they're going to cut their losses and run. I also told her I
told everyone where I live NOT to hire Merry Maids, and wrote scathing
reviews on Yelp and other review web sites.

This service got excellent reviews from me. They were great! They were
like the white tornadoes. Mid-afternoon, I said, "Don't you want to take a
lunch break?" Shanna went to pick up some lunch ((and strawberry short cake
ice cream bars). I made coffee for Marge. Apparently she's like my dad
used to be; drank coffee all day long. Hey, no problem, I'll brew a pot of
coffee. She even washed the coffee pot before they left
***********
Good tips, too. Less expensive and no noxious fumes to inhale or toxic
substances to get on your hands.

Too bad you can't send those folks to me.
**********
I wish I could!

OB Cats: When they arrived Persia hid under the bed in the guest bedroom.
When they hadn't left in a few minutes I'm sure she was wondering, "Who
are
these people and why are they in my house?!" LOL She stayed under that
bed
until the vacuuming moved to that end of the house. I was sitting at the
computer when I saw a grey streak dash past me to my bedroom. She hid
under
my bed until about 20 minutes after they left. Just making sure they were
really gone, I guess

Aww, Licky sends his sympathies!

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher