Old March 19th 04, 02:31 PM
MaryL

"IBen Getiner" wrote in message
om...
(Aimee S) wrote in message

Hi,

I have 3 soon to be 8 week old kittens, I've had them since they were 3
and a half weeks, dropper fed them worried over them and now have to
find homes for them. They are sooo sweet, but I already have to many
cat's in the house. It's breaking my heart to have to give them up, any
thought's??
I want so bad for them to have the very best homes, how can I be sure?

That's just the thing... You can't. I knew this lady up in the
country some years ago who thought she was adopting out three kittens
to a nice fellow. Come to find out, he fed them to his five foot Ball
python. By coincidence, he was the parent of my son's best friend, and
my son told me all about it. Saw the whole thing, too.
I'd be very careful if I had to part with little things that are as
sweet and fuzzy as my baby kitties. I'd have to know the people
personally.

Thanks for any help with this,

Aimee

Be careful

Unfortunately (and tragically), what you have described here really does
happen. That is one of the reasons most of us recommend that kittens should
not be given away "free." The person adopting them out should charge at
least enough to cover their vet bills and possibly some extra for food and
supplies that have been used. This isn't being greedy -- it's being done
because someone who wants the little kittens for purposes such as what you
described won't pay that amount. In addition, of course, the person doing
the adopting should pursue the same type of policy that a shelter would --
ask questions, check references, draw up a contract (it can be informal)
where the person adopting would guarantee to return the cat or kitten if
they ever giveit up, and possibly visit the home first.

MaryL