Old March 22nd 04, 08:53 PM
Luvskats00

Four years ago, I heard a crying outside. I looked and saw a skinny little cat
walking back & forth. I ran downstairs w/a can of food. She practically inhaled
it. No owner stepped forth and, after about 80 calls,my husband's aunt adopted
her. She was pregnant (so skinny it wasn't apparent, at first). Eight kitties
were born and were adored by the entire family. I came over all the time and
saw the kittens an hour after they were born. We got to know all eight and gave
them nicknames. Incredibly, one was the leader, two were shy beyond
belief...each had a distinct personality. Two months later, my hubby & I
adopted the leader..we named him Sammy. Three of the others were adopted by
those known to the family..remaining kitties were given to a foster family who
had an excellent track record for finding good homes for kitties. I often
wonder about those adopted who were never seen again and am comforted with the
hope that they are loved half as much as my boy, Sammy.