Old January 20th 17, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default The mission of a cat ...

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 23:21:29 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/19/2017 10:39 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 21:31:01 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

I've never had a "kitten".

OMG...if you think adult cats are cute, you're really missing out on something
until you experience one during kittenhood. There's just something about them
that even people who don't like cats can't resist a kitten - they see one and
they just HAVE to go, "Awwww..."

I never said I didn't say "awwww " when I see a kitten.

Given what's in the quoted material above, I'm tempted to tell you not to have a
kitten about it - but I wouldn't want you to take that comment the wrong way, so
I'll just point out that I never accused you of saying any such thing grin.

Kittens are the same cuteness we see in adult cats, but on steroids. Even if
everything the kitten does is something you've seen an adult cat do half a
million times before, it's still different, because to the kitten, everything is
new - including you - and whether she's reaching out to bat your cell phone out
of your hand or grabbing for the shoelace you dangle a few inches above her
head, she'll eventually show you she's really even more interested in you than
she is in the object she's reaching for.

American poet Ogden Nash wrote, "The trouble with a kitten is that eventually it
becomes a cat." For those of us who love cats, that's no trouble at all.