Old July 26th 03, 01:10 AM
Mogie

Keeping a cat indoors or restricting their access outside is not cruel
anymore then restricting a young child's access outside is cruel. Cats and
young children both need to be protected from possible forces that might be
of harm to them. Someone who allows their children to roam freely usually
end up with dead or missing children and have them taken away.

Bob Brenchley. wrote in message
On 13 Jul 2003 06:19:46 -0700, (Nightstar)
wrote:

Hi - I live in a condo with a fenced patio. The fence is approx. 6
ft. tall and made of wood. I want to be able to allow my cat, Pop, to
go outside on the patio but he can climb over the fence. Someone
suggested attaching "chicken wire" to the fence so it extends 8 inches
above the top of the fence. Supposedly when the cat tries to jump to
the top of the fence the flimsy chicken wire will not hold the weight
of the cat and he will not be able to go over the fence. Has anyone
heard of this or tried it? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Cats are NOT cage animals. If you live in an area where, for whatever
reason, you feel unable to allow a healthy cat its freedom to roam for
at least some time each day (and only you can judge your area) then
don't have a cat. To have a healthy cat, knowing you will keep it in
24/7 marks you are being cruel, selfish, or both.

--
Bob.

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
look like the dog did it.