Old March 12th 04, 02:40 AM
MaryL

"GraceCat" wrote in message
Thankfully our health is fine here but... We ran into a slight (BIG)
construction problem. One of our walls wobbles. It's not a support wall,
in fact they pulled it out to rebuild again because the first time they
threw it up, it was only to build one part. Sorta like, they had to
perform step one to complete step two, but step two needed to be done
before step one can be done. Hence step one needed to be temporary
before they can return to it and make it permanent.

Anyway, it's a 15 foot (high) wall that doesn't have *any* load bearings
whatsoever but well.. it wobbles when you close the door.

*pulls hair out*

Suffice to say I'm extremely nervous right now because they need to do
some adjustment. Dad and Jody swear it's only minor and it really is ok.
But it does look bad when the wall wobbles even in the slightest. Even
if they're telling me you can yank the whole doggone wall out and the
rest of the house is uneffected... Can I stress that I don't want to see
my house wobbling???

*whimpers*
Grace

Grace,

I suggested earlier that you post a message to alt.home.repair. Did you
ever take a look at that newsgroup? They have a variety of people there
with a *lot* of knowledge in various areas of construction, and you could
probably get more specific information from that type of NG. A wobbling
wall would have me in a panic, and I hope you are also taking steps *not* to
pay until the job is done right.

MaryL