Old March 12th 04, 02:46 AM
Yowie

"GraceCat" wrote in message
Thankfully our health is fine here but... We ran into a slight (BIG)
construction problem. One of our walls wobbles. It's not a support wall,
in fact they pulled it out to rebuild again because the first time they
threw it up, it was only to build one part. Sorta like, they had to
perform step one to complete step two, but step two needed to be done
before step one can be done. Hence step one needed to be temporary
before they can return to it and make it permanent.

Anyway, it's a 15 foot (high) wall that doesn't have *any* load bearings
whatsoever but well.. it wobbles when you close the door.

*pulls hair out*

Suffice to say I'm extremely nervous right now because they need to do
some adjustment. Dad and Jody swear it's only minor and it really is ok.
But it does look bad when the wall wobbles even in the slightest. Even
if they're telling me you can yank the whole doggone wall out and the
rest of the house is uneffected... Can I stress that I don't want to see
my house wobbling???

*whimpers*

Purrs and hugs.

You are reminding me why Joel and I swore black and blue that we'd never
build a house again. You don't want to see it while its being made because
you see all the flaws, shortcuts and dodgy handiwork. But if buy a pre-made
one, then you see the end product only and can make up your mind on what th
whole thing, take it or leave it.

I don't know if it will reassure you, but if its not a load-bearing wall,
then its not really a big deal. It can be replaced or stabilised later
without affecting the stability of the rest of the structures. I know its
frustrating for you, I know, honest, but as long as youcan trust your
builders (and Jody) to see to it that the wall doesn't wobble by the time
you make the fnal payment, then you are just worrying for nothing. Yes, I
also know you can't help but wory, but sweetie, now you know that that wall
wobbles, you can make *damn sure* it doesn't before you hand over the last
payment. In fact, you can inspect all the walls for wobble before the last
payment, now that you know about the potential.

Many many purrs, its a very stressful time.

Yowie