Old March 12th 04, 04:36 AM
GraceCat

"GraceCat" wrote in message
Thankfully our health is fine here but... We ran into a slight (BIG)
construction problem. One of our walls wobbles.

Grace

In addition to what I said in the message I posted a few minutes ago:

In my
opinion, you also need some practical (and expert) on-the-spot advice.

If
it were me, I think I would consult both an attorney and a reputable

home
inspector to make sure you don't get left with some major problems

after
this job is done.

MaryL

Ack, I missed the alt.home.repair message. And in truth, I'll take a
look at them but I barely have enough time for this newsgroup .

It's not that big of a deal really. It's a great structurally sound home
in all honesty and as I said, this wall is a non-load bearing wall and
all that it's going to take is a step back and return to reconstruct it,
or add extra support to it to keep the wobbles out. At worst, we'll have
to eat the cost of some special orders ($5k).

I'm still a bit tweaked and a little worried but since the wall isn't
*completely* finished, it's premature to fall into a total panic.
Apparently, after it was explained to me, I grasp the problem better.
It's a "hmmm, that's not going to quite work, we need to add such and
such before the sheetrock goes up".

And if I keep repeating that, I may believe it

I post my home stuff here because it is a group of my friends and it's
easier to spill the woes than it would be to a group of strangers. If
that makes sense instead of going to a newsgroup that talks about this
sort of thing .

Grace