Old August 9th 10, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad[_2_]

Default vaccine reaction with vomiting and bloody diarrhea

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 19:38:03 +0200, Nadia N. wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 18:14:24 +0200, Nadia N. wrote:
Please anyone who has experience with this, I need help, or at least
reassurance.

I took Sweety - 2.5 year old ragdoll - to the vet today for her yearly
vaccination. She got something called Nobivac Tricat (for feline
herpesvirus, feline calicivirus and feline panleucopenia). 3 hours later
she started having diarrhea and vomiting. I rushed her back to the vet.

Assuming she's not dead from inaction, get her to a pet emergency care
clinic, or another vet if you haven't one.

She is not dead. She hasn't vomited since the last time I posted. She
had one more incident of trying to poo where she just passed mucous
which was dark pink in color. It wasn't as bloody as the last time.

What exactly else is a vet supposed to do other than what my vet did? He
checked her heart and the color of her gums, and gave medicines to try

I don't know. I'm not a vet nor do I play one on usenet. Vomiting is
serious business and I wouldn't spend the evening asking strangers on
usenet. Kitty'd be in the care of professionals instead.