Old August 9th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default vaccine reaction with vomiting and bloody diarrhea

Sardine juice or tuna juice from a can with their own oil

"Nadia N." wrote in message
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 19:38:03 +0200, Nadia N.
wrote:

What exactly else is a vet supposed to do other than what my vet did? He
checked her heart and the color of her gums, and gave medicines to try

I don't know. I'm not a vet nor do I play one on usenet. Vomiting is
serious business and I wouldn't spend the evening asking strangers on
usenet. Kitty'd be in the care of professionals instead.

I did take her to a professional. I took her to her vet - the same one who
gave her the vaccination. He gave her Primperan to stop the vomiting and
she has indeed stopped vomiting. I have the vet's emergency phone number
and he said to call at any time if I notice any change for the worse. At
the moment she is sleeping. Earlier she was even washing herself, which to
me is a sign that she is feeling better.

The reason I posted was because I was hoping to hear from other people who
have been in a similar situation with their cat, so I could have some idea
of what to expect, and to reassure myself that this happens and cats get
over it with the proper care. That was *AFTER* I had taken my cat to the
vet for the 2nd time, and after I had talked to him on the phone. I was
not looking for vet advice online. I said as much in my original post,
right at the top. Maybe you missed reading that part?

Again, does anyone have any advice how I can get Sweety to drink? She
still refuses any water or broth. She hasn't eaten or drunk since this
morning (about 12 hours ago), and she threw up the food she'd eaten then.
I am not concerned about her not eating, but I think she needs to drink. I
tried to give her water with a syringe and most of it ended up on her fur.
For a sick kitty she sure has a lot of fight in her. I don't want to
stress her too much by forcing water on her. It's bad enough that I'll
have to force bad-tasting medicine down her throat again. I asked the vet
about her not drinking and he thinks that she is still feeling too
nauseous to want to drink, and that she'll start drinking when she feels
better. He said that if she doesn't drink anything until tomorrow morning
it won't hurt her, and if she really hasn't started drinking by then I
should bring her back in. He repeated again that she was not dehydrated
when he looked at her the 2nd time (about 4 hours ago).

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety