Old April 3rd 14, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Neutering causes allergies?

Every cat I've had that's been neutered has had scabby cat disease.
Currently I have two indoor only unneutered females (they are doing
fine) and they do not suffer from excessive licking. I'm wondering if
neutering messes up there hormone production and has an effect on
their resistance to allergens.

I'm taking care of one outdoor female that we are confident is
neutered, and it suffers from excessive licking. I'm feeding it
hypoallergenic food to see if that will help.

Even if that's true, outside cats should not be fed unless they are
neutered. I'm not suggesting that they should be allowed to
reproduce. It's just one important factor (if true) as long as
reproduction can be controlled otherwise.