Old December 7th 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Halogen ovens (OT)

"Adrian" wrote in message
Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Worst thing I ever did was to get an electric oven. I got rid of a
free standing gas one when I had a new kitchen. N was here at the

time, she
called it Stove. "please don't get rid of Stove"
She was right. I wish I had Stove back again.
My new electric cooker has already failed.
Stove would never have let me down.
I will try and get my electric oven repaired but if not he will be

ripped
out and a gas one in. I never liked him. He takes so long to warm up.
I was used to Stove who warmed up quickly with his gas flame. I

should have
kept him but I was getting a new posh kitchen then. I regret letting

him
go, but I daren't tell N?le I have regrets. She told me to keep him.

should have listened.

Why wouldn't you tell her she was right? Is she one of those people who
would say "I told you so" and never let you forget it? I hope not!

Stove would still have been cooking my food now but my new posh built

in
oven is only half working. It's supposed to heat top and bottom, now

only
the top is heating.
As I like to cook this is a nuisance.

There is a gas stove and oven in my apartment. (In the US, "stove" means
"cooker".) I love it. It has a pilot light, so it doesn't depend on
electricity. So if there was a power failure, I could still have hot
food.
I just wish the heat was also gas heat - that's electric.

I have gas heating but it still needs electricity to drive the fan. So far
I've been lucky and not had a power failure when it has been cold.

--
Adrian

I am a belt and braces person. I have my woodburner and also a calor gas
heater. I also have a gas hob and electric oven -which is about to either
be repaired or thrown out.
I can always cook a meal on my gas hob and won't die of cold with my
woodburner or calor gas. If the electricity went out my s i l would be in a
serious situation.
Her central heating would fail. She wouldn't be able to cook - all
electric.
Never rely on one power source.