Old May 2nd 09, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

I am not a handbag person mostly because i tend to set it down and forget
it, but shoes is a whole other issue,,, my treat to myself upon reaching my
WW weight goal is a new pair of work shoes, then after i have stayed that
weight for a year i will either edcide to stay that weight and go buy 3
fancy pairs of shoes, or lose again to a new goal weight, rinse and repeat,
Lee
wrote in message
On Apr 30, 9:37 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
i love shoes, and i am now in a permanent state of flip flop, at least
until
i finish my weight journey, i am horrified to say how many shoes i have
given away since beginning my journey, i do have some dressy shoes that i
have had to buy *glares at Gramby* because some people say i can't wear
flip flops to a banquet,* they were white but NNOOO*

wrote in message

On Apr 30, 7:38 am, "Stormmee" wrote:

she does it to be shocking, when women who aren't "of a certain age" see
one
of us doing it, we get serious street cred, Lee"Granby"
wrote in message

I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!
"Yowie" wrote in message
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee
hives and 3 inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in
that one tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the
1920's and 30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle
movies again one of these days.
Kyla

My favourite 'look' is from the 1940's where it was fashionable to
have
*dark* hair and pale skin (which I have) rather than the ubiquitous
platinum blonde and tan you see these days. Since i also have a small
mouth and 'rosebud' lips, I am far more suited to 1940s glamour than
modern looks. Then again, I also tend to just schelpp around in
shorts
&
tshirt in summer or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have
the
time or inclination to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how
many

ROFL and a MileHigh salute to both of you stilleto chicks.....

IMHO if you got 'em, flaunt 'em and get your $'s worth out of 'em. You
have tapped
into my secret vice.....handbag junkie (no, not the $3000 Jimmy Choo
designer new
ones! I pick them up for $5 at local thrift shops when their original
owners go to the
Bridge and heir survivors donate such goodies, unaware, to their local
charities..hee
hee hee. Also Steve Madden (yes, he is no longer doing time in Big
House) footwear
on the cheap.