Old January 16th 17, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Flying Kitty, Anyone?

On 1/16/2017 4:28 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , John Kasupski
wrote:

This kind of branches off from Joy's "Rain" post, but...anybody beside
me ever have a cat that could literally go all the way around a room or
from the middle of one room to the other end of the next room without
touching the floor?

snipped

She gets downright indignant about it if I haven't opened the blinds
before sitting down with my cup of coffee! This morning, I remembered to
open the blinds for her. She's standing over there on the back of the
couch as I'm typing this, alternately looking out the window and over at
me, giving me those slow kitty-kiss winks when she catches me looking at
her - but you know what? I don't get those slow winks on mornings when
she has to remind me to open the blinds!

I've only had her since October, but already I could write a book.

John D. Kasupski Niagara Falls, NY

My first cat, Sweep, had to take tablets everyday usually this was in some
food but when she wasn't eating it was a battle. one day DH had her
wrapped in a towel (not an easy thing to achieve) and had her on his lap
in the dining room to try to pill her. She was having none of this and
escaped, jumping out of DH's reach and leaping into the air. As my DH was
trying to catch her she was using his arms and hands to keep herself in
the air. She was in effect flying around the room. This went on for
several minutes until Sweep realised she was heading for the window and
couldn't change direction so she just stopped. DH managed to catch her as
she dropped and she took the pill no problem.

Judith

Lindy (RB) used to make me chase her around the house to give her a
pill. However, after a couple of minutes of running, she would jump up
on the couch or a bed and wait docilely. She didn't fight at all when I
gave here the pill, but she had to have that chase first.