Old October 18th 03, 02:04 AM
Liz

I'm not sure which cat that is. Granpa lived to be 34. The second oldest cat,
Spike, a domestic longhair, lived to be 31. He was 29 when he was certified
oldest living cat by the Guiness Book of Records, usurped later by Granpa.
Right now they list the oldest living cat as Kataleena Lady, a Burmese cat in
Australia born in 1977. So that's another long-lived purebred cat.

Could it be because some breeders are very updated regarding
vaccinations and feeding and people who buy cats from them follow
their recommendations? Some breeders are very serious about breeding
too, nothing like a kitten mill.

What really strikes me is how these cats lived to that age having
eggs, bacon and coffee for breakfast. I would definitively love to
contact this guy and ask about how often he vaccinates, what he feeds,
etc. IMO, an owner who has cats living to that age is definitively the
most reliable source of info regarding cats.