Old June 7th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca

Default Yay! Kenzie is eating again!

Yay fur Kenzie!

When owr meowmie had to giv kut-up pillz to a kittee, she got jellatin
kapsulz to put da pill peeciz in. Dat made it eezier to giv da pillz.

Rebecca

"Gandalf" wrote in message
Thank you all for your purrs! They have worked!

Kenzie has eaten a good amount of her dry kibble overnight, and so far
today I've seen her go and nibble some of her kibble 3 times.

Eating a little food all the time is what Kenzie needs to keep her tummy
from getting upset from the Tapezole.

Speaking of Tapezole, I took her off of it almost a week ago. Now, I
will have to start her on it, and slowly increase the dosage, as I had
done before. I've gotten REALLY good cat cutting those tiny pills with a
razor blade.

And I think I'm going to decrease her prednisone: Ted put her on
5mg/day. She weighs around 10 lbs

For a 125lb human, that would be 62.5mg/day, an enormously high dose.

When my asthma gets out of control, I only take 20mg/day, and I weigh
about 130 lbs.; not too bad for someone in their 'extremely late' middle
age.

Ok, I'm past that point.

People ask me how I stay thin: it's really easy. I only eat two meals a
day, and I spend a lot of time being hungry. But I have a leather jacket
that's over 40 years old, and it still fits.

But I digress.

Now if I get Kenzie's thyroid back under control, and if her liver and
pancreas would get better, Kenzie might have a chance at being here for
a few more years.

That's what I'm planning on, anyway. I just love her to bits. She isn't
an exciting cat that generates nice stories that I can post here, but
she is so sweet, and she has been head butting me all day, and getting
scritches

So I know she feels the same about me

The next thing I need to do is look into some new food: TED said one
possibility for her elevated liver and pancreas functions was a possible
food allergy. 'Possible'. Of course.

I was reading about Wellness food. It would eliminate the grain that is
in the Nutro Max All Natural Weight Control I'm feeding her now. And
which she is eating, while there are THREE other full bowls of kibble, I
got to try and get her to start eating regularly. Kenzie IS a picky
eater, that's for sure.

Wellness is expensive, but far cheaper than a trip to TED's clinic, and
if it makes her well again, it will be worth it, of course.

Thanks again for all of your support!

Gandalf ---has been lurking here for many, many years now.