Old September 19th 05, 12:19 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 18 Sep 2005 05:57:31p, Mark Edwards wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

This morning, I was making waffles for breakfast. As I usually
do, I pour a little syrup on the plate, before putting a waffle
on it.

Buster was on the upper part of the counter, watching me.
Suddenly, he jumps to the lower (working) counter, and starts
sniffing Senyah' plate.

I pick him up, tell him no, and walk around a bit, while he digs
claws into my shoulder, and purrs in my ear.

Finally, I set him down on the chest freezer (his most recent
Favorite Place), so I can check on the waffle.

Buster makes a bee-line right to Senyah's plate again, and makes
an obvious attempt to lick her plate.

LOL! Determined lil fella!

I grab him again, tell him no, and put him on the floor. Then I
pet him, and put about a teaspoon of syrup on a saucer for him.
He eats a few bites of cat food, then carefully licks up every
last drop of syrup from his saucer.

It' Log Cabin brand - I don't know if he just likes the sugar or
the maple. But he definitely likes it.

Well, that's a strange treat, but sometimes it's the little things
in life...

--
Cheryl