Old September 19th 05, 02:20 AM
Caroline S.

Mark Edwards wrote:
This morning, I was making waffles for breakfast. As I usually do, I
pour a little syrup on the plate, before putting a waffle on it.

Buster was on the upper part of the counter, watching me. Suddenly,
he jumps to the lower (working) counter, and starts sniffing Senyah'
plate.

I pick him up, tell him no, and walk around a bit, while he digs
claws into my shoulder, and purrs in my ear.

Finally, I set him down on the chest freezer (his most recent
Favorite Place), so I can check on the waffle.

Buster makes a bee-line right to Senyah's plate again, and makes an
obvious attempt to lick her plate.

I grab him again, tell him no, and put him on the floor. Then I pet
him, and put about a teaspoon of syrup on a saucer for him. He eats a
few bites of cat food, then carefully licks up every last drop of
syrup from his saucer.

It' Log Cabin brand - I don't know if he just likes the sugar or the
maple. But he definitely likes it.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Very interesting, given the relatively recent finding that cats
genetically lack the ability to detect sweetness in food. I wonder what
he likes about it?

-Caroline S.