Old October 15th 05, 01:28 AM
meee

"Phil P." wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message
Hi everyone. Jasmine is due any day now. I have found people willing to

take
kittens, have set up a room for her and the kittens, and the local

shelter
is giving out half price desexing vouchers, so I will get them to do her
desex. In the meantime, she is getting bigger every day and I am

concerned
she is having lots of kittens and might need a supplement. She is

looking
good so far, however I think she MAY be starting to look a bit

thinner...DH
says I am worrying too much, as her large belly makes her look smaller.
However I have seen cats with kittens looking painfully thin, even

though
owners (apparently) were feeding them good quality food. I am feeding

her
good kitten food, and she is getting chicken and bits of egg every day.

also didn't want to make her sick by giving her the wrong foods. Does

anyone
know of any foods i could give her to make sure she stays in good nick?

eg
should i give her a whole egg once a week like we do with the dogs?

Would
sustagen (for lactating humans) help? Some cooked chicken or mince? cat
milk?? any other ideas??

Feed her canned kitten food now and until she's finished nursing.

Thanks Phil P. I was hoping you'd come up with something...nice and simple.
I've been giving her dry, as usual, except kitten dry. we live in hot
tropical climate, and wet attracts the ants, but I've got her one of those
antproof bowls now...would a meal of that 3 X daily and dry available 24/7
be good? and I've been using pyrethrin powder for flea control as she's
pregnant, seems to work as long as I do it regularly, would it be safe for
kittens too? Just thinking ahead...it's very hot now and fleas will be
breeding lots over the next few months. i haven't found any on her over the
last few days though, so hopefull i've got them all.