Old October 30th 10, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Found Cat Bolingbrook, IL

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:17:55 +0000, JeffFlanagan
wrote:

This morning I found a new cat sleeping on my couch. With the cooler
weather I'd left a window open without a screen.

She's very thin, so has been on the streets a long time, but is
incredibly friendly, so I know someone is missing their kitty. Tempted
to keep this sweetie myself, but I'd like to find her people and get her
home.

She's eating well in my care, and surprised me by keeping all that food
down despite being so thin. I think she's in good health other than
having been without food.

I'm on Rockhurst Rd between 53 and Pinecrest in Bolingbrook.

I'd appreciate any help finding her people.

Thanks!

[image: http://www.jeffflanagan.net/kitty.jpg]
[image: http://www.jeffflanagan.net/kitty2.jpg]

Looks like a very pretty cat! Somebody is surely missing him/her

Put up some flyers in the neighborhood, with a picture of the cat

Contact nearby shelters and vet clinics.

Put a 'found cat' ad on craigslist.com, in the pets section; it's under
the heading 'Community'

Include a photo, but if there are any distinguishing marks, keep one OFF
the fliers and craigslist.com ad, so you can screen OUT somebody who
doesn't actually OWN that cat.

Black cats can be at much greater risk around Halloween

There are a LOT of nut jobs on craigslist, but it gets a lot of
exposure, and it's free.

Thank you for taking care of this very lucky (NOW!) cat.

He or she might not have survived much longer, and the weather isn't
getting any warmer, that's for sure!