Old October 13th 12, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Pon o

Default Feral cat problem

Bill,
"One thing is for sure, The government
isn't interested. Feral cats don't
vote....:^) They would rather take your
tax dollars and give them to some
terrorist country in the Mideast who
hates our guts....."

LOL! Good one!

I was bitten by a feral kitten several yrs ago, trying to get it out
from under my car. Two days later my finger turned a lovely shade of
purple & swelled double size. When I developed a fever, I went to the ER
& was put on an antibiotic IV drip for 3 days, followed by 14 days of
mega antibiotics. I had the early stage of sepsis.

They wanted to do surgery on the finger (index) because it had infected
with a "felon" (some kind of infection). I declined, & have since had no
sensation in that finger, joint to tip.

I rescued a feral kitten from a tree the other day after it cried from
morning 'til dusk. I held my breath as it hissed & tried to bite.

Point of this long story.... I don't want to get too close to the feral
population. Still want to help tho.
- Pon